1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive+Modchip?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kravenoff, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Kravenoff

Kravenoff Member

Guys,

Just wondering which modchips if any are still useable with HDD still in. Are you able to boot games from browser or just a quick boot. Getting a new system with a new chip and trying to decide which one to have put in. Also if anyone knows of any good Canadian sites to order from let me know.

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

first off, yes you can still use your hdd after putting any kind of modchip in. you also need to have hdloader to boot games from your hdd, not from browser nor quick boot.

you should try this site since i brought most of my stuff from here. Also an Canadian site.
    http://www.divineo.com

3. rushmer

rushmer Member

so, let me get this straight.
    i am not 100% sure about what u can and cant do with both mod chips and hdd's.

if i have a messiah modchip and a copy of hdloader and obviously a hdd (40gb maxtor) can i load my backups of games onto my hdd, or do i have to use the originals?

i would have thought that with a modchip u can load backups off your hdd?

thanks in advance
    adam