1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hard drive problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bpanther, Apr 7, 2007.

1. bagofcrap

bagofcrap Member

well technically, but they would not be able to run together.
    if it was that simple why did it take so long for NVIDIA and ATI to develop this multi GPU techniques,

if its that simple why dont they just stick a load of PCI-X slots on the motherboard and allow for loads of graphics cards,

it is not an easy thing to have more than one graphics card running along side another.

2. bpanther

bpanther Regular member

well i dont know alot or much about lots of video cards but the video in the site shows like 5 video cards for high end gamers wit lots of screens so um????????????????????

3. bagofcrap

bagofcrap Member

i appologise, i looked further into this,

After searching i found that you can add another graphics card to a pci slot to use extra monitors. but it would be no good for high end gaming

[Question]
    "does adding anothing secondary video card to the PCI slot increase performance?"
    i know it gives you another monitor to work with but does it increase performance.

[answer]
    Actually, it decreases performance, because it uses more memory & processor to handle the larger desktop.

so therefor it would be unideal for gaming,

the point i was making with NVIDIA SLI & ATI CROSSFIRE is that they are designed to enhance gaming by working together.

basically all that adding more to PCI slots is doing is letting you plug more monitors in at the expense of system performance

4. bpanther

bpanther Regular member

ok ok i know all that but why would the video show like 5 vid cards????? think the vid is faulty????

5. bagofcrap

bagofcrap Member

does it actually show all 5 video cards working, or do you maybe think that they have just put them in the spare slots to make it look like it is using 5 graphics cards

6. bpanther

bpanther Regular member

says they use them watch the video