1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hard drive problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lapopp, Oct 13, 2007.

1. lapopp

lapopp Member

I have a problem with my hard drive being recognized. I have a Deskstar 164 GB hard drive and it was working fine. I took it out to test a different computer(the old computer still didn't come on). Anyway, I went to return my hard drive to my working computer and now my BIOS will no recognize it. I have went into my BIOS and made it AUTO to automatically recognize it, and it doesn't. I made sure that the jumper settings are correct for master and even tried cable select but nothing. I need some serious help. I desperately need the stuff that is on this hard drive. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hate to say it, but it may have been damaged by the other PC (which might have a faulty power supply or cable). Does the drive spin up when it's attached to the power?

3. lapopp

lapopp Member

yes, it spins but nothing happens. every time that I reboot, it keeps coming up BOOT FROM CD, so I went into BIOS and reset the boot sequence but it still won't recognize the hard drive. The other computer that I was testing it on will boot but the problem is that I cannot get the monitor to display anything. The light comes on but no display. So I don't think that the other computer could have corrupted it, but I could be wrong.