1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive Upgrade

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by careyt, Jun 25, 2007.

1. careyt

careyt Guest

hey all, im wondering, since you get this shadow c thing goin on, why cant you temporarily mod ur xbox, get the eeprom, unmod ur xbox, make the new hard drive with that eeprom, then install the new hard drive in ur unmodded xbox then mod it again, lol could it be that easy, inputs are welcomed!

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

yea you could do that, thats what i always do when i upgrade hard drives.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yeah, but you can do it a bit easier then that! You don't actually have to mod to get the eeprom. If you load the SID screen you can FTP from there. Just back the eeprom up via SID and then FTP in, steal the eeprom and build the new drive.

4. careyt

careyt Guest

really, gee thanx ill try that, ive never really done this b4 but ive read TONS of tuts on it so do you guys think ill be fine doing it using the hdm 1.9 tool or w/e? make iso, but wait, is it hard getting like an unmodded dash, factory c drive if i wanna do that eeprom thing?

5. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

yea xbox hdm is the best tool to use. what do you mean by "is it hard getting like an unmodded dash, factory c drive if i wanna do that eeprom thing?" do you mean getting the eeprom without modding the xbox, that is easy just do what chunkhead said.

6. careyt

careyt Guest

yes, i mean like how you need a C and E backup spot in the hdm folder along with eeprom. Sorry for the confusion :)

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Use the first part of this tutorial to get you the eeprom and there are also links to get a clean 5960 dash (C:\). You don't need anything in the E:\, the Xbox will build it itself!

http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?t=9685

8. careyt

careyt Guest

lol y risk not putting in the e partition, dude its not that hard anyways