1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard drive upgrading and bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by nbr1echo, Mar 28, 2005.

1. nbr1echo

nbr1echo Guest

Ok all here goes. I'm in Iraq so my replies may be a little delayed but I have a couple questions i could really use some answers on. I'm not huge on the inner workings of programs but I have a modified xbox and it has the generationx theme. There are quite a few files on in like backgrounds or whatever but I can't seem to view tham. I have the small 4 GB hard drive and am looking to replace it sometime soon so I can do "back-ups" on my already legally owned games. heh. Problem is I have no idea what the hell to do to make this easier. I can play those special games just fine but to actually change out my hard drive, I'm at a loss. If anyone has anything that I may be able to look at like a hard copy of instructions or something of that nature I would appreciate it. Ohh and one more thing. How in the hell could i turn off my modified chip thing a majigger. wierd thing is I have to press and hold the power on button for just a couple of seconds and then the blu XBOX logo comes up. If I just quickly press the power button, I get a message saying to contact support. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes us guys more or less if we have a few min's try and play a little Halo 1 or 2. We have a good time. Most everyone that has an xbox here has it modded. ok I've said enough. Take care and god bless.

2. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Read this on taking the box apart-http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin1015.htm

Once you've done that its easy to pull out the drive. You don't state what type of chip your using-Xecuter? anyway if you are the tutorial at that site is a "Big" help. Anyway if you have anymore questions just give a shout-out and take care of yourself soldier!

3. nbr1echo

nbr1echo Guest

ok so I was able to respond in 1 day this time. Thanks bro for the info and the chip???, I have no Idea. It was purchased from some Haji shop in Iraq. I guess i'll look at the site you gave me and take the xbox apart and see what kind of chip I have. oh, and one more question if you get the chance, how am I supposed to back up the new hard drive so I don't lose any programing stuff. If it explains it in the site you gave me then disregared, if not then your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to fusk up my xbox and not be able to play it at all. ok well time for the sack. I'll check back when I get the chance. Thanks again and take care.

4. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Easy-you'll need an FTP program and just copy the contents over to your pc-then install the new drive, format it and lock it down and then xfer back your data from your pc to this drive.