1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hard drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by javaid, Oct 28, 2004.

1. javaid

javaid Guest

hi im new to the forums im just wondering can i back up my games with a copied version of hd loader on my ps2 which is a v4 with a messiah 2 modchips. thanks

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

3. javaid

javaid Guest

hi thanks for the reply. I was wondering if im able to put that same hard drive and put it in an un-modded ps2, how will i boot the games ive searched around and they say you can use some mc exploit but im really confused on how that works. Can somebody help thanks.

4. q2no

q2no Member

http://www.hdadvance.com/
    And yes.. when games are installed on the hdd of a chipped ps2, you can put that hdd in a non-chipped ps2. You need the hdloaded/advance to load the games from hdd though. Also there are utils around to install games to the ps2 hdd by using you pc.
    why you want to use the exploid and not the original software? The exploid is just to much work (swap etc.).
    Magic words: hdl_dump, ps2 and google

- Q

5. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

6. javaid

javaid Guest

hi, i knew about that software HDL Dump something like that. I know this allows you to put games from pc to the hd in order to do that you would need to take out your hd from ps2 and put in your pc to transfer games onto it. The reason why i was saying about memory card exploit so that i dont have to buy the hd loader or hd advance. i was wondering are their any other ways of booting games off the hd than the memory card exploit. thanks.

7. getomafia

getomafia Member

What r u all talking about. The cracked HD loader exploit works great and if you just keep the PS1 game u are using in the disc tray HD loader will automaticlly boot when you start up the PS2. I dont think that is alot of work after you install it on the memory card and it is better than paying for the actuall HD loader