1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hard drive

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Spider323, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hi, I just made a partition from a part of my hard drive because I was planning to install Linux and I'm not planning to anymore. I removed the partition on it so now I have free space left how can i tranfer this free space back onto the hard drive which it came off of in the first place?

2. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Will deleting the free space partition cause it to go back to my hard drive which is the primary partition?

PLease someone help. Thanks.

3. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

I want to combine the unlocated drive with my original C: drive. Please someone I really need help with this!

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what did you use to partition the drive, could use partition magic to combine into 1

5. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hi, thanks for replying I actually fixed that problem by reinstalling wondows. But now I'm experiencing another problem I do have PartitionMagic 8.0 but I get an error message that says init failed: error 117 partition's drive letter cannot be identified. Anyone knoe how to fix this?