1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard mod the psp slim battery

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by myfaux, Nov 11, 2007.

1. myfaux

myfaux Member

So been looking into getting some cfw on a new psp I just bought. I am a complete newbie but do know what I need to do "somewhat"

Let me state I have no access to a fat psp or a psp running cfw. I just want to be clear what my options are in this case.

Can I hard mod the psp battery. I have opened it fine but can't find the exact documentation on what needs to be done with this model battery - psp s110. I found plenty on how to mod the old batteries but I have a newer one with the small board. Is it the same as the old one? Just cut the 5 pin or do I need to do something different with this one. I found some documentation that made it seem like you need to solder two of the pins to each other with a wire. Is that accurate?

http://www.pspbrew.com/index.php?page=newsPage&id=442

Is my next best option getting the Datel tool battery and using that with a magic stick I create with software from the net?

2. guano

guano Regular member

If you don't have any friends w/ psps, then I would recommend you buy a 2nd battery from somewhere. Maybe the Datel deal you speak of. However, I don't recommend you rip the pin off the new battery, as it won't work; you will find yourself without any battery at all.