1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardcore City Protection in San Andreas

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fuzzy_C, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

lol, has anybody seen the security they have in place so that you can't get to parts of the map your not supposed to be at yet? i just made my way accross into the thrid city from the first, soon as you cross the line where the roadblacks are setup, no matter where you are there's an invisible line around the city if your not supposed to be there, and if you cross the line, you get an instant 4 stars on your wanted meter, and the cops go rambo on your ass, i only made it about 3 blocks into the city before i was dead, kinda made me mad since it took me about 30 mins to get there lol

guess there's no way to get into the other cities early like in gta3 and vice city, all the property for sale is blocked out too, so you can't buy anything until you get to the city honestly.

beautiful scenery and work all through the little hick towns and stuff you go through on the way to the major cities, i love it. but i think this pretty much proves this is the full game, if you can get into the third city, and everything works fine, all the map spots were there, you can eat, but can't buy property until you get there honestly, and i know a few people that are quite a ways through the story mode, so it seems that they managed to fit everything on a dvd-5, unless the last couple missions are on the second layer :p what amazed me is there was no loading screen between cities, i'm playing off the hd, but with vice city and gta3, the loading screens still came up off of the hd, but just went away fast.

2. SGrundy

SGrundy Member

Yeah, I decided to go for a swim since the bridge was blocked off...Big mistake, as soon as I set foot on dry land my wanted level was through the roof and swat teams and helicopters killed me in about 15 seconds.

3. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

How'd you get this game already, hmmm ponder, only could be one way.

4. healer01

healer01 Member

Screw you luck-ass bastards. My damn copy wont work.. Gotta wait til friday.

5. mrmathers

mrmathers Member

lol, i know. i shit myself when it first happened. they jumped me from outta nowhere. second time i managed to get right up to the entrance to the camels toe before they screwed me over. i decided not to spoil it anymore after that.
    however, when i went 4 a train ride through the country, there was a shit load missing on mine. i went right past the mountain but it was invisible to me, as was the ground. i was basically riding along just nothing. i went right through the middle of SF and all i could see was grey. I crashed the train in the middle of the desert, and still i couldnt see anything. which i guess is a good thing coz i would have spoiled it for myself, but still. that shouldn't have happened should it?

6. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

i don't get it gta:san andreas, is leaked one not full version?

7. mrmathers

mrmathers Member

there is a full version out there. the one i got wasn't tho. It only had Los Santos and Las Venturas in it. San Fierro and the whole countryside and desert joining SF to LV and LS was just grey pixels. Nothing more.
    But there is a real one out there. Doesn't matter now anyway. Out tomorrow (US) and in a few days (for UK).
    I'll tell ya, the last day or two have been the slowest i've ever experienced, and it's only gonna get worse.

8. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

um the grey crap maybe you had bad burn or your laser cant read it???

9. Esquigo

Esquigo Guest

I think that's the case pas2mania. GTA:SA reads constantly from the disk, which I think makes it prone to slow loading/no loading at all unless you have a perfectly burned disk.

10. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

ya, with a game like this you gotta have top of the line dvd's and burn at the lowest speed, i play off the hd, but my dvd works good too, i just like playing off of hd more

deffinatly can't wait to buy the actual game and try out some gameshark cheats, they're gonna be awesome, i remember all the gameshark hacked codes for vice city, fun as hell