1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harddrive memory shortage when DVD burning - problem

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by baedaebok, Jan 23, 2007.

1. baedaebok

baedaebok Member

Why does DVD burning software require so much harddrive memory for their "working files"? I'm trying to burn a 4.19GB video project (using Ulead's Movie Factory 5.0 Plus) and the working files want to take up 8.32GB of harddrive memory. But I only have 3.54GB left b/c the rest of the memory is being taken up by MPEG video files. I edited down a lot of these files and took 6 DV tapes to make 1:15 hour video project. Now the program is insisting on using up so much harddrive space. I'm missing about 5GB. I could knock off a bunch of programs from C: drive but that sounds ominous. Who knows if I could reinstall them!

Is there anyway around this? Can I make the program take much longer to do the job but use less harddrive?

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

No way around it. Free up some space on your hard drive. Run disk cleanup and disk defragment. Or get yourself another hard drive if you do not want to delete or uninstall anything.

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Drives are cheap get another. Cramming an HD to near capacity can cause all sorts of problems.

Note memory usually refers to RAM, not HD free space.

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I agree. Another hard drive is the way to go. You can put your Virtual Memory on the second hard drive. In most cases the second drive will be faster that the older one.