1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HARDDRIVE QUESTION

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by element29, Jan 24, 2007.

1. element29

element29 Regular member

Ok, I used a harddrive that said it was compatible on one site, but wasn't on another.... It wouldn't lock, so I would like to get it back in use with the usb case it came with. Its a Maxtor 200GB USB External Harddrive... I would really like to know if theres a way to get it PC compatible again?

Thanks, noobs for life!

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

well if it ddnt lock then you can just put it in you computer and reformat it for windows or wutever your usin

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

If it's locked though, you can unlock it with your Xbox. IS your Xbox hardmod or softmod? Because I have an Xecuter 3 CE chip installed in mine, and I can just go to the settings, and go to HDD, and unlock it. If it is Hardmod, you can get to the BIOS screen, and unlock it from there also.

4. element29

element29 Regular member

The harddrive didn't even work when I installed it in the xbox..
    I ran that software in DOS, from the bootable CD it told me to make, from that one tutorial. Then the xbox didn't even load up, it came up with that error....

When I put the Harddrive back in the usb case, it doesn't even show up on my computer...

5. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

The reason the PC can't recognize it, is because it's probably Locked. You need to find a tutorial that will tell you how to unlock it. You can go to Google, and search around. It shouldn't be that hard to find a topic about that.

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

if your using xboxhdm 1.9 you can unlock it from there, what error code are you getting exactly, that would help alot cause then we could trouble shoot you from there. just take the boot disc you used to create it, load it up press 3, now type "unlockhd -a", it will then unlock if correct eeprom is there. now type "reboot" to reboot computer, now press 1, then type "xboxhd" select option 1(build new drive from scratch" and let it reformat and build your C and E drives(remember if you ftp'd make sure you transfer C and E folder instead of all contents inside, just to be safe you have every file, last time i did i forgot config.xml and thought nothing worked), then when thats finished press 8 and then type reboot, now push 3 again(unlocking/locking tools)and type "lockhd -a. also a little tip when using xboxhdm, when building make sure to type "yes" instead of "y" and when locking press "y" instead of typing yes. hope this helps. And also again, if for some reason the hdd is not locked the proceed through without unlocking first, rebuild then lock.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007