1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HARDDRIVE READ ERROR HELP!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by gtpstyle, Dec 16, 2004.

1. gtpstyle

gtpstyle Member

I keep geting this error on my ps2 when i start my HDA. I have a new hard drive and a new network adaptor. The harddrive is set on master. I even checked to see if my computer reads the HDD and it does. Sould I wipe the harddrive and try again?
    I have no idea what would cause this. I have loaded a few games on it.I did have trouble loading a game and gave me alot of read errors.I aslo checked the connections and their is no visable damage to them. Could a currupt game cause this? I will appreciate any feedback. Thanks

2. gtpstyle

gtpstyle Member

I konw their are a few people out their with this problem. This is what I found out. I wiped my Maxtor harddrive using Winhipp. I reformated it. I tryed it in my playstation and it still did not connect. I asked my friend if i could use his playstation and it worked fine on it. My conculsion is that I still have one of the first models of the playstaion 2 that came out. Maybe the hardward does not hook up to it properly because their is still bugs in the system. This is just what i figured out in my situation.I hope this may help someone.