1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harddrive size limit?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jerrybeav, Nov 15, 2004.

1. jerrybeav

jerrybeav Member

Hi, I was looking at factorydiect.ca for a larger hard dirve for my x box.But I am not sure if anyone will fit.I was thinking of a 160-200GB HDD.

Any suggestions where i can get one also.

P.S. does a larger HDD create a lot more heat..or is there any cooling issues i should worry about?

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

First off,I don't think there is a limit anymore. Also if you're going to be getting a hard drive that's larger than 137gig,I would recomend having a bios that supports the partition 7. (eg. executer 4981.67) In the executer bios files the .06 meand it supports the partition 6 ( F drive)and the .67 mean it does both 6 and 7. (F and G)

The heat issue is pretty much determinded on how it was before you upgraded. I found that the heat doesn't really rack up until you hit the 160+gig hard drives. Either way,it's a good idea to replace your thermal paste with some good old arctic silver3 anyways....this will help you out alot.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Hi
    I know of a place to get white label hdd cheap
    pm me for info

you can easily get around heat issues by increasing your fan speed via your bios (use evtools for evox bios or xbtools for x2 bios)
    both apps will also sort out the large hdd prob if you only read 137gb

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004