1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harddrive trouble

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by uji2b1k, Mar 7, 2005.

1. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

i have a 80gb ide harddrive and i'am trying to put it on my xbox using slayers evox 2.5. i put in the harddrive and it did not work, than i found a software called XboxHDPrepar utility, it did its so called 'magic' and than i put it in my xbox, but still it does not work, i made shure all jumpers are in the correct spot. my original 10gb harddrive worked fine, the 10gb also has evox already installed, i tried to put my regular xbox harddrive onto my pc and save all the files to my pc than save them to my 80gb hard, but my pc does not even read the 10gb harddrive as a harddrive at all.i also had the evox cd in the xbox. PLEASE HELP ME, is there any software or something that will solve my problem even if it cost 59.99$ thanks

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  2. qbano

qbano Member

i think your problem is you jumpers..i have installed a few big drives before..iam guessing you have the jumper on CS like on your original HDD..which is wrong pull the jumper out ..dont have any pins jumped.. a big HDD wants to be the master..iam sure this will solve your problem

3. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

never mind but thanks

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005