1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HardDrive's heh..

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tragidy, Aug 25, 2004.

1. tragidy

tragidy Member

Just wondering if it is possable to connect my own hard drive to the ps2 console system rather then buy the one shipped with ffxi.

i have a 150gb maxtor laying around and would love to intergrate this into my ps2 is this possable and if so do i need any cables other then a PC ide cable and power?

Thanks for the help in advance

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i beleive the maxtor 150gb hard drive should work but you will only get to use 127gb of it as thats the max the ps2 supports, also you will need to get a ps2 network adaptor to connect your harddrive to your ps2, you can't use ide cables to connect it

3. tragidy

tragidy Member

Yeah i have the network adapter attached to my console
    So on the back of the network adapter there is a place to plug up a HDA.. neat learn something new everyday lol.

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Devilhunt,

Correct me if I am wrong, I will need at least a 40 gig hard drive to use for my PS2 hard drive install right? A friend loaned me his network adapter. I wanted to mess around with it a bit to see if it's as cool as the XBOX.

Thanks,

Matt

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Thats what they say, but you can use smaller drives. ive used a 20 gig and ive read of people using smaller ones. You will, however, need hd loader or some other program to access it.

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

10 is the smallest you will get for this... since the install of it takes a whoping 2 gigs...

160 drive will get you 137GB

you can put pretty much any hdd today into the ps2.. from 10 to the new 200... but keep in mind the size of the hd itself... since it might not fit the ps2 bay...

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Thanks for the info everyone. I have my old XBOX 10 gig hard drive and just want to check it out before I go and buy a bigger one.. Just playing.. thanks again for the info

Matt