1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardmodding Battery

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Tiger6265, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Tiger6265

Tiger6265 Member

I have read a few things about this Hardmodding the Battery. Well right now I have a PSP with Official 3.72 and want to downgrade. Well I don't know anyone near me that has a hacked PSP that would allow me to set my card/battery via the software.

Now I have read that Lifting up Pin5 on the chip will put the battery into the Service Mode. My question is, If I put the Pin back on, will the battery return to normal or is the battery just junked? I do know how to solder and just curious if putting this pin back on will return my battery to normal.

If not then if someone is around the Maryland Frederick Area or close by would like to meet up and convert my Card/Battery on the spot would work also.

2. Ahzyo

Ahzyo Member

Well here's the thing, when you hardmod the battery, like I did, the battery becomes nothing more than a Pandora's Battery. It will cease to function as it was intended to when it was created. Replacing the pin, I doubt you can do that. I can't even find mine because it's so darn small. The pin is about the size of....a tiny crumb? It looks like a small piece of gold chipped off of a larger one.

3. Tiger6265

Tiger6265 Member

Replace the Pin? Um....I know how to Solder and all I would do is lift the pin off and resolder it down when I am done using it. I wouldn't break the pin off. Yes its small, its called Surface Mounting and most chips in that case have very small pins and very small solder joints. Doesn't mean I don't know how to remove 1 pin and put it back. Just trying to find out if bat is just gonna be that even if I resolder the pin back down.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have read other threads of users doing this. So you should be safe to solder the pin back.

Worse case scenario is you have a permanent Pandora Battery and will need to buy a new 1.

There is a wire Hardmod that you can try. I would assume you wouldn't have to lift a pin for this Hardmod. Just solder a wire bewteen the 2 points that the diagram shows and it puts it into service mode. Then take off the wire once you have finished to bring it back to normal.

HERE is the image of the Hardmod wire install.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007