1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hardrive problem need help!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sweet, Jan 7, 2007.

1. sweet

sweet Member

hey guys im really in a pickle, first off i know nothing about hard drives like partitioning or installing internal harddrives. i knwo how to hook them up but not how to install (software wise) but im havin some real trouble... ok so i had this crappy little 80 gig hdd so i bought this seagate internal hdd (250) gig capacity... now i transfered all that stuff off my old drive onto my new one and after that was all done I restarted my comp (the like 3rd time). Then i set the new drive as master and old one as when i got back to the windows drive installer thingy it said it couldnt install the 250 cuz my comp would only allow 127 (or somthing to that) so it said this could be repaired by doing somethin, i clicked ok. then turned off comp and took out old drive. I then started up windows and looked at my comp capacity (labeled DISK2_VOL1) said it had 49 used and 78 free... (127 total) so how can i make it so that it will accept the 250?? really need help thanx, ian

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Sweet, I don't know if you are holding down you period key, or what you are doing, but your post run off to the right of the screen like you were adding an oversized image. You want to fix your method?

3. sweet

sweet Member

sorry bout that, anyway it seems like nobody can understand what im talking about.. or dont know how to fix this. by the way since you need to have service pack 1 installed to have a capacity of more than 127 gigs on your hdd i tried reformating my hdd and reinstalling xp but it failed to do so 95 percent of the way there and had an error maessage that read..

Software Instalation: has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatability with windows xp

This software will not be installed, contact your system administrator.

the tech support guy said i have to completely reinstall xp and make a back up of all my files and do a system restore.... but the only problem is I dont have the cd and cannot get one.

i really need help guys, i know someone can help!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007