1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hardware problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by iraj, Apr 5, 2004.

1. iraj

iraj Regular member

the disket station do not work. but if I go to system maneger I see that work correct.
    the windows xp found the station .I see the icon in my computer but dosen,t work?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What exactly is the disjet station? A printer? Memory device? Drive? :)

3. iraj

iraj Regular member

floppy drive

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Did you try swapping the floppy drive? New ones are about $20 each. That is, assuming you don't have a spare one lying around.

Or, option "B"; disconnect it, spend about $30 and get a USB drive. Even the cheap ones hold 32MB; which is about the same as 20 floppies.

The reason I suggest disconnecting it; many people don't use them much, and it slows your PC down a bit as well.

5. bird1234

bird1234 Member

has the floppy drive been unplugged lately? If it has there is a possiblity of the cable being plugged in updside down and then the floppy light will stay on all long as there is power to it.

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Is it a 3.5 or a 5.25 drive? Some 5.25 will just need playing with the disk. If it is 3.5" then unplug reboot. Then shut down and reconect and reboot. See if that helps. Other wise you may need to get a new one. You can buy 3.5" used for about $1 so not too hard geting a "new" one.