1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harmod what is it ????????????????????????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by knightj92, Nov 4, 2007.

1. knightj92

knightj92 Member

hi
    on my other post about the tool battery im getting i wanted to know how to use it, but someone said i need to hardmod something to go into servicemode but i had no idea what he mean im getting a tool battery that i thought puts ur psp in service does it and u can downgrade with it without another psp is thaty right

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

I don't know how to be more clearer. If you buy that then you will not need to Hardmod. If you buy a regular battery then you do. As long as you have the memory stick you can downgrade with the Datel Battery! Clear??

3. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

mabe i can make it a bit simpler.
    hard mod means that you change the actual chip board in the hardware thats were hard mod comes from
    soft mod is where you change the software so you call it a soft mod

for sony to unbrick a psp they need a way to get to the flash0 memory without doing lots of hardmods to the motherboard, thats why they have this Special battery that can access the flash0.
    hackers have found a way to make the normal psp battery into one of these specail batterys using another psp. you need another psp because inside the battery is a very small memory that tells it what to do and changing that allows you to access the flash0.
    some people though found a way to make the battery into a special battery without another psp all they had to do was disable the memory chip (lifting the 5th pin).

hope that makes it a lot clearer for you

4. knightj92

knightj92 Member

yep i get it now thanks guys big help