1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harry Potter 3 could not be copied

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by xdragoon, Feb 4, 2005.

1. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

Hi, I am an experienced in dvd-authoring and made quite a lot of dvd-backups. I use the dvd-decryptor and Nero recode combo. I have tried almost all the combos and dvdxcopy and find that it the most simple and gives excellent results. But the problem i have right now is that i cannot burn HP3. I decrypted the movie(everything) and its acutally plays on my computer. When i use recode to burn the movie, it analyized the movie (+ i used advanced analysis) just fine with no encoding problems or what so ever. I disabled all the extras and menu leaving just the movie and the lowest compression for a DVD+R 4.7GB (tried DVD-R also) rate possible to insure good quality like the original. Recode finishes burning the dvd successfully and pops it out. However when i tried playing it on my dvd player, (which plays all the copied dvd i've thrown at it) its goes no play. It loads, its runs, has chapters but just a blank black screen. When i explore the CD on my computer the vts files are there and the movie plays fine. So anyone know whats the problem?

2. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

Mod, please move this to Dvd-r for advanced users please

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I used recode2 to backup the movie of HP3 but when I opened up Recode2 I just clicked on "recode main movie to DVD". Did you do this? or did you do the whole movie and then take out all the other stuff? That could be the problem. Try doing it again and select the option Recode main movie.

4. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

i don't think i did, correct me if i'm wrong. I decrypted the movie (whole thing with menus, etc) and use a 1.x (i think) outdated version os recode. I loaded the movie and disabled the menus and burnt it. What version of nero record are you using? and where is this "recode main movie to dvd option" located?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Im using Nero Recode2 it is under Nero vission express. Im using nero 6.6 if you go to your programs start menu and then go to nero then go to nero vission express it should be in that list. Choose recode 2 and when it starts you have the option to just do the movie.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would use dvd shrink to get main movie only! from your dvd decrypter files, you only have that and not menu that have been stripped left in but not useable etc...

and set shrink to burn with dvd decrypter!