1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anybody tried backing up NBA Street 3 yet?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jay33, Feb 9, 2005.

1. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Just curious, because it's 4.37gb, which is usually a sign of problems.

2. Cixx

Cixx Member

Just burned the game, tried 2 play it but game freezes at loading screen.

Rebuilding image now, let ya know if it works

3. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I'm in the process of rebuilding the ISO using the method I used on Mercenaries. Problem is, I've run it through ISO buster, CD/DVD rom generator but am now stuck trying to rebuild it to burn using CDVDGEN ISObuilder. For some reason I cant get this final program to work. When I go to open it I get a system error....specified module could not be found. Anybody know what's up with that?

4. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I gave up on using ISObulider and just used the MS DOS method to put teh ISo together. Happy to report the game came out perfect. Once the process is done teh game goes from 4.37gb to 2.38gb.

BTW, the game i soff the chain.

5. Cixx

Cixx Member

Just finished rebuilding 2. Game works fine. TOC is only 2,38 GB now just like jay said.
    Hope this method works with more games.

6. Cretin6

Cretin6 Member

how do i go about rebuilding the iso?

any tutorials?

mine gets stuck on loading like everyone elses

7. Cixx

Cixx Member

8. BeMoney

BeMoney Member

Hey Im a noob at this stuff and I was trying to back up street 3 using hd advanced but I can't play and I dont have a modd chip .. can someone plz help me???

when I try to play it just doesn't load all the way from my Hd but i was still able to copy it

9. Cretin6

Cretin6 Member

i'm following that turorial...i'm at the part where in CDVDGEN you hit record and youre supposed to get two errors the the Rec. screen will come up.

I Only Get One error, ASPI Manager Loading Failed, then it just goes back to program, and a .ims and .iml file are made...

EDIT: I Installed that .dll they were talking about on that thread..now i get the two errors but freezes after...does it take a while to get to recording screen?

is this right or am i having problems

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  10. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I don't think that's right, but I'm no expert at this. You should get the 2 errors, which indicates the process is going as it should.

11. xdreamer2

xdreamer2 Member

works great! Thanks.

12. chris_805

chris_805 Member

ok heres my curiosity.....at what point of size of an iso game, should u rebuild to make smaller???

13. Cixx

Cixx Member

My experience is that iso's with a TOC of 4,37gb mostly cause trouble playing them.Games with a smaller TOC usually play fine.So till now I only rebuild iso's 4,37gb big.

14. caseyu1

caseyu1 Member

i had same error problem as everyone else even after putting the file in win 32, i just used dvd iml2iso to rebuild the iso from the iml file cdvdgen created and it turned out to be the size everyone is talking about...almost done burnig...if it works then that the answer to all of you (like me) that couldn't get cdvdgen to do it even if you get the error...be back to tell you if it works

15. caseyu1

caseyu1 Member

well, that was unsuccesful, got my hopes up for nothin, i hope somebody figure out how to fix cdvdgen to get both errors even after putting the wnaspi32.dll file in the right place cause i really want to play this!

16. Hard

Hard Member

Hello, I notice all the talk of rebuilding isos, does anyone know how to accomplish this on Macintosh? I'd love to be able to do it, as I am unable to backup games that need rebuilding at the moment.

17. meggo

meggo Member

has anybody got nba street 3 to work without doing anything special. mine also freezes up at the loading screen. also if i want to rebuild the iso i have to have decrypter?? will alcohol work.
    thanks

18. VAT829

VAT829 Member

Help? I've just burned an iso of nba street v3 but when i play it the game loads take forever and the music skips. My PS2 is a modded with the Magic V 50k chip. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get the game to work without skipping or have long loading time. Thanks in advance

19. caseyu1

caseyu1 Member

to anybody that had trouble getting cdvdgenerator to work after hitting the record button: after i put thewnaspi32.dll in the right folder i had to delete cdvdgen off my computer and then re-install it, no problems after that, burned fine and is really bad @ss game, Hope that helps....pce

20. meggo

meggo Member

i rebuilt the iso for strret 3 but my playstation wont read it. mine is also 1.99 gigs. thats not right is it. also i try to patch the iso with an id and it wont let me. could anyone help me get the game to work.
    thanks