1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyboyd ever have this problem "Lens Foucus Error"?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jets4life, Mar 26, 2005.

1. jets4life

jets4life Guest

I am trying to back up my DVD and all of a sudden I have been getting this error I am using Nero 6 and burning at x2 and using Ridtk (Don't know if they are 4 or 5) but any info on y this is happening??? Thanks for the help.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Thats a sign that there is something wrong with your burner. You could try one of those lens cleaners but more than likely it is the burner itself. It's not a LG burner is it?

3. jets4life

jets4life Guest

No it is a Sony Burner

4. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

Your problem sounds like a firmware upgrade is needed for your drive. Chances are you are using cheap media whihc will give this error repeatedly. Watch out for some cheap web deals on media, you think you are buying the real thing when you are getting a fake knockoof brand. Stick with Sony or Fuji disks or if you wnat try Imation too since these are excellent quality disks. Disregard any media manufactured by CMC magnetics (Teon, HP discs). Watch out on the Memorex brand since they outsource to whomever is the cheapest that month with the buyers. In effect your problem stems from the burner not being able to write the track at the correct position.