1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone gotten a backup of the OPM Metal Gear Solid 3 demo to work with Swap Magic?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by koyettsu, Oct 3, 2004.

1. koyettsu

koyettsu Member

Exactly what the title says, anyone? If so how? I cannot get it to run, I get it to load up if I use DVD Loader, and it will load up the menu screen fine. I can also get to the point where I start the MGS3 demo but then when it turns black to load and it just stops there.

2. astroduck

astroduck Member

I have MGS3 demo iso sitting on my HD, but when I burned it onto a CD(it is only 620mb) and tried to play on my PS2, it started up but then it just goes right into the screen where it checks the memory cards after the PS2 logo, and then shortly after that it just give me "red screen of death". Any idea on how to burn MGS3 demo on a CD or DVD?

The program I have used so far were Alcohol 120% and DVD Decryptor and none of them seem to work at all (I tired at slowest speed as well). I have burned a lot of PS2 backups before using the above programs and they all work good exceot for this game.

I have a v10 PS2 with Magic V chip.

Any idea will be appreciated~~!!

Thanks a bunch.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am a hardcore gamer~~![/small]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  3. Evo_D

Evo_D Member

the 600mb version of the mgs3 demo is a bad torrent.

the proper version should be 2gb when extracted (although it is also a 400mb compressed file) and it is called PS2DVD_Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Demo

i have heard of it being played on a modded PAL ps2 (don't know what version of PS2 or modchip) but i haven't gotten it to work with the slide card on an unmodded PAL PS2

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004