1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone here had any dificultys with DMS4 installation? (i am :[ )

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Hack_Zero, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

I've got it installed.. but, when i cut on my PS2, the red light jsut kinda sticks there. If i push the blue button, nothing happens. I push the red button, nothing happens. (V7 PS2)

So basically, it's just stuck in sleep mode i guess.

..It's really annoying, i've looked over the installation guide like 100 times.. I can't find anything. My diagnostics chip got fried lol, so im kinda just stuck guessing.

Anyone have an idea of what's wrong with it? I'll post pics soon if it helps any.

2. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

I think i found the problem, but im not sure and dont wanna mess this up too much.

Ok, so how come some pics show the blue side up, and others show the white side up?

[​IMG]

3. jared2112

jared2112 Member

Maybe they used different ribbon cables for each picture? But its easy to tell which side to use, just look on the ribbon cable for the flat metal wires and then look on the female jack to see if the metal contacts are on the top or bottom of the inside of the jack and then just complete the connection with the ribbon cable.

Too bad you are having troubles with you're dms4 chip, those things are expensive especially the EZI version.

4. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

I can't really tell if it gos in upward or downward, because i can't take the clips off now that they're on, and there's barely a big enough to see. :\

And all those wires are the same, im almost sure of that. You can look at the guide yourself if you'd like.

This is kinda frustrating, cause yea.. i did put quiet a bit of money into it. The chip was like, $90. I've had to buy replacement pieces, too.. and my damned diagnostics panel doesn't work.

5. churd

churd Member

Did you ever figure out the problem? I am getting a black screen when i booted up my ps2 the first time and my test panel fried as well!