1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone sent in there Ps3 to fix to Sony?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by fern148, Dec 10, 2007.

1. fern148

fern148 Regular member

My Ps 3 just died in the middle of playing live08. No power at all. is there any way to take the game out manually? Worst part about it the game belongs to blockbuster. I guess I have to pay for the game if it can't be taken out. Anyways does anyone know How long for Sony to replace unit?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Wow that sucks ass. So it won't let you eject the disk at all? Tell blockbuster what happened and they might understand..

3. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

There's always an emergency way to eject a disc from an optical drive--for this reason. Just like our drives on our computers, there's that little hole that you can use to manually eject the tray/disc. Look it up in the manual that came with the PS3. If I wasn't lazy, or if I knew where it was lol, I'd look it up for you.

Blockbuster offers you the grace period anyway. If you're beyond that, you can still hold it for up to like a month and then return it. You'll be reimbursed minus about $1.50. It's a very good deal if you rent games lol.

4. fern148

fern148 Regular member

thank you fellas.. going to read manual now...

5. cartucho

cartucho Member

if they don;t believe you take the ps3 to blockbuster and tell them to take it out themselves!!! lol.. hahah anyways when i first picked up the 20gb version it start screwing up witin 2 weeks.. called sony and i received a box to send it away within 2 days.. but oviously i just went to best buy and picked up the 60gb .. so it doesn;t take too long to receive the mailing box but not sure how long theyll hold it.

6. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

So I just had a thought. I have a 60GB PS3 and I have not had any issues with it. If my 60GB broke, what will Sony replace it with? The 60GB is the better version as it still have the RSX chip and Emotion engine in it and the 80GB is software emulation. My point is if my fully loaded car broke will the manufacturer give me the economy version due to the fully loaded version is no longer in production?!?

7. Sudds

Sudds Active member

No they have to issue you with the same version as your original or possibly send you an 80gig one.

8. fern148

fern148 Regular member

Do you guys think they will return the game?

9. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Yes they will return the game as well. Clan member on call of duty had his ps3 do the same thing with COD$ in it. When he got his ps3 back they had also shipped him his COD4 back

10. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Bawango, im pretty sure they will send yours back fixed

11. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yeah, Sony's too cheap to give you a whole new one :p.

12. fern148

fern148 Regular member

I'm going to write down my serial numbers before I send it in. Just to check when I get it back to see if it's the same..

13. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

I think I may have to send in mine also. Im having that blueray disk issue I think. I have assasins creed but I am also getting issue with reading all blueray disks. It seems as if it will read it but the lil indicator at the top right comes up and then goes away, but the disk to select the game or blueray movie doesnt come up. As soo as I place a normal dvd or PS2 game, it comes up to select the disk. As of right now even deleting all the game data utilities for all my games doesnt allow me to read a ps3 game or blueray movie. Im getting frustrated and will hate to have to sned in my ps3. I have the 60g also. I have this so call one year warranty with Gamestop and I can take it back to get it exchanged. I have till February though so I may try to hold out, but I cant play a ps3 game or blueray now and its been the longest now that it haset worked. usually I can do what I stated above and the disk would show up to select, but I actuall had to take a step away from it and got on here so I wont through it out the window.......I may just go exchange it and if that one screws up I will send to sony.