1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Anyone Succesfully backed up Max Payne 2 ???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by manila555, Feb 24, 2004.

1. manila555

manila555 Member

I just recently started backing up my ps2 games after much research and i was a perfect 4 for 4 until i tried to back up max payne 2.

All my games have been successfully backed up but when i tried to back up max payne 2 it doesn't work. I used dvd decrypter with a dvd-r(no name brand).

I use a flip top with swap magic discs and when i insert the max payne 2 backup the screen turns blue like its suppose to and then it takes forever to load. about 3 out of 10 times it will load but when it does load all the cinematic scenes are horribly choppy and the sound keeps skipping. My original max payne 2 dvd has little to no scratches at all.

I looked for some cd loaders but i don't think its necessary, can someone please help me, or at least tell me if its hopeless to try to back up Rockstar Games.

any help would be appreciated.

2. Assassin3

Assassin3 Member

My copy works perfect. But I just backed-up "Mafia" and it won't load.

3. Ammodude

Ammodude Member

I have backed up Max Payne 2 with no prob. Assassin3 are you using the cdloader to try to load Mafia?

4. manila555

manila555 Member

What programs did you guys use to back it up??? and do you use a flip top or a mod chip???? and what type of modchip do you use?

5. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i backuped max payne 2 with a magic v and magic v 5k6

6. manila555

manila555 Member

what i meant was, what program did you use to backup the original game......modchips play the backup.....not create it.

7. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

oh for my backups i always use DVD Decrypter...and if u burn and it skips a little, burn at a lower speed(only happened with manhunt so now i always burn at slowest speed)

8. vans12

vans12 Regular member

i ysed nero and it works great 4 max payne 2 but copy to harddrive first still use nero.

9. vans12

vans12 Regular member

i ysed nero and it works great 4 max payne 2 but copy to harddrive first still use nero.

10. Backupman

Backupman Member

Any dvd burning program can back up ps2 disks(except dvd9 of course).If u'r having problems it's usually the cheap disks u'r using,most people think it's great to save a few $$ but overall it's not worth the troubles.I burned a spindle of generic dvds,it works 8/9 of 10 at first but over time it's just not worth the frustration of wondering "what the hell"and slow load times and data loss/freeze in middle of game.Do what I do,stick to quality dvds for ps2 and generic for movies where I watch once or twice compared to 100s of times I play the ps2 disk.

11. Backupman

Backupman Member

BTW,Mafia and Max Payne 2 didn't give me fits.So yeah they work fine.