1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone successfully backed up "Kill Switch "

Discussion in 'PS2' started by raidrz510, Nov 23, 2003.

1. raidrz510

raidrz510 Member

I backed up "Kill Switch" with Nero and tried it with SMD2 and the red border came up. I tried it again with CD loader and the cdLoader "error reading disc" screen came up. The same with NBA Jam. I have a v5/6 ps2
    Any suggesstions? thanks

2. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I didn't have any problems backing those games up. I used recordnow DX and copy 1:1. DVD decrypter is also good to use.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  3. raidrz510

raidrz510 Member

I tried to rip kill switch with dvd decrypter and it says "UDF file system parsing failed" then it says reason: unable to find video ts folder. Do you think it has something to do with the settings?

4. jay33

jay33 Regular member

With DVD Decrypter, use ISO read/write.

5. raidrz510

raidrz510 Member

Perfect...I got dvd decrypter to read it (kill switch) and write it. I loaded it up with cdLoader and it works perfect. I was convinced it was impossible for a minute. Why does anyone even use Nero for backups. Anyway thanks for the help

6. mgb0101

mgb0101 Member

Uhm...I've used Nero for all of my backups, and have never made a coaster. I've backed up my copies of both Kill Switch and NBA Jam with no problem. Just thought i'd let you know.

7. sr_rob_b1

sr_rob_b1 Member

Me too! No problems.

8. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

jay33
    Same for me-Exactly. RecordNow DX came with my burner and has worked perfect and I got Kill.Switch burned, but tried Jak II (PS2 DVD) [bold]on Max[/bold] (may be the prob) but it skips [bold]A LOT[/bold] (Memorex 4x DVD+R media) Should I TRY SLOWER SPEED or get new media?? Please reply Thanks_X_X_X_X_X_[small]--Ares Galaxy-- try THIS out (download.com)
    FlipTop/SMDv2 | RecordNow DX | LiteOn CDVDrw
    [/small]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  9. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you have used that media before and it worked fine then i would suggest you try burning at a slower speed as i backedup jak2 with record now at 2x and it works perfect on my v7 ps2

10. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

devilhunt (again! check other thread)
    THANKS Just got this Memorex media on sale-it's new to me. also just got the burner last week, so I'm kinda still tryin out media: +or-R, brand, manufacturer, etc. Have only gotten Sony +R to work so far, but kinda expensive. Maybe look online for GO3/GO4 from Ritek or something. thanks again

11. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i used ritek g04 dvd-r discs for jak2 and most of my other backups all work flawless my copy of record now offers 1x,2x,3x,4x so would suggest you try mid or min(if you dont mind waiting the extra time)as slower burns are usualy better(sorry missed the other thread but have seen it now )hope this info helps

Last edited: Dec 5, 2003
  12. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

devilhunt
    youre the best-thanks again
    In DVD Decrypter, my Memorex 4X +R comes up as RicohJPN, (Ritek right?) tried MID speed write and read with RecordNow DX v4.6 (new) and totally skipped/stopped. I will surely try the -Rs later as many "backups sent to me" before I had a burner were -R media (Ritek GO3). I'll also try DVD Decrypter--any luck for you? THANKS

13. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

some ps2 dont like dvd+r discs and i havent had much experience with them as my pioneer 105 is only a -r/rw writer.(only use +r discs in my philips standalone recorder).have never used dvd decrypter for ps2 backups my self(only used for movies) as record now has never let me down yet but many members on this forum use dvd decrypter for there ps2 backups with great success(using the iso read/write mode)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2003
  14. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

devilhunt
    (damn you reply fast) anyway, THANKS for the help and replys.
    -Tom

15. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

RAIDRZ510: nice frickin name

Oakland Raiders_X_X_X_X_X_[small]...try Ares Galaxy N O W... | FlipTop/SMDv2 | RecordNow DX | LiteOn LDW-411s CDVDrw | DVD Decrypter v3.1.7.0 |
    ...try Ares Galaxy N O W... | Check this /http://www.Neuspeed.com/[/small]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2003
  16. itxme

itxme Member

hey guys,
    I have no problem making backups for tekken 4, soul calibur 2, and winning eleven 6...all of these are done w/ sony dual writer. I've tried to change between + and - cuz someone said - is better...but i could not do back up for final fantasy x-2 and kill.switch , i quited trying socom...i need help......
    i use disjuggler,
    i allready rip kill.switch by dvd decrypter, but i can't write by decrypter...i use disjuggler instead,,,w/ + and - still it does not work........i seriously need help...
    i had magic 3

17. Wolf69

Wolf69 Member

I Have the Sony DRU-510A. I burned Kill Switch on a Memorex DVD-R.It plays no problem with Magic 3.1 chip.If that don't work pick up a Laser Cleaner for your PS2.Because if the laser is dirty it won't play.It happen to me.It won't play because the laser was dirty.Cleaned it.Now works great.I use Nero 6.Later_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Wolfman[/small]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  18. itxme

itxme Member

hey,
    i have the same dvd burner, i tried w/ RW + , -R, and + R...none of them work...beside the final fantasy x-2 doesn't work either.
    I ripped the file as .iso already and nero 6.3 won't burn it saying it's big...only 'bout 4.1 Gb
    by the way, does dvd rw ever work?

19. grywolf

grywolf Member

I'm having issues with this game too. Actually its the second game in a row from Namco that I've had issues with. Vampire night was the other. Issue goes beyond backing it up. When I put my original disk in the ps2 it either never boots or it gets to the Namco screen, says namco then freezes. Just this week I've backed up 3 games I got for Xmas - including SOCOM 2. Not sure why Namco games seem to be giving my ps2 (version 1 - fliptop cover) an issue. Any ideas?

20. omz365

omz365 Member

do you guys mind telling me what brand dvd-r's you guys r using becasue memorex is not working at all for me, i need somthing for my pioneer burner, and what is the most important thing i need to know about burning the dvd's, i mean what files must i make sure are burned adn in what form??

oh and i would REALLY apreciate it if some one could give me step-by-step instructions on how to burn the games becasue i have Final Fantsy X-2 and Kill Switch and would like to burn BOTH!!!!

thanx _

This is my PS2's info
    and i have a mod chip
    Model no. SCPH-30001 R
    NTSC/U/C
    serial no. U 2 5 6 7 4 9 7
    i hope it helps, because i need the help BADLY!!!!

Oh and as far as the games go, i tried burning Simpsons Hit and Run, Finalfantasy X-2, and The Getaway
    and none have worked!!!!!
    Oh and one more thing.. can moded ps2's read dvd-rw's???

all i need to know is what to do now...__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Omz[/small]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2003