1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone used Mainconcept Mpeg encoder

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by kyle_101, Feb 25, 2005.

1. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Wanted to know if anyone hs used this software before cause when i try to specify an avi file it gives an error message saying (no video data found) but it doesnt do this with every avi just some

any ideas guys??

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

You probably haven't got the correct codec for that video.
    Open the file in Gspot, find out what codec you need, and download it.

3. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

ok, but could you explain in a bit more of a step by step process cause i didnt really understand that.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Avi is just a container, like a pail. It can be a big pail, or a small pail, and it can have water in it, or milk, or tar, or even lead.
    Your avi has something in it. In order to tell what is in it, we need to know the codec used to put the movie into the container. There are hundreds of codecs.
    Get the program called Gspot.
    Open your avi in Gspot, and it will tell you what's in the pail.

5. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

ok then i will do that

6. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

The other thing is you see,I am doing sound engineering at college and I am just starting to come to terms with that and If i start to learn another subject like this that is fairly similar but equally as complicated its gonna throw off my attention from my college work cause I am trying to come to terms with two difficult subjects instead of just concerntrating on the one. But hanging around a place like this you cant help but learn stuff..

7. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Osmosis <grin>.
    Good luck with your studies!