1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone used PioData media???

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by MrSpeed, Nov 12, 2004.

1. MrSpeed

MrSpeed Guest

I ordered a fresh spindle of Ritek 4x DVD-R premium grade media from the same source that got my last batch. The last batch was the Ridata G04s with the Ridata logo in the center of the disk. This batch has PioData Multispeed Grade A in the center. The Manufacturer ID is reported as RitekG04 by Nero. Are these a bunch of coaster and should I send them back?
    I did the coaster thing with Memorex media and didn’t like it. The Ridata media worked great for me.

2. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

If it's ID is RitekG04, it should be fine...what's the return policy if you've already opened the package/used a disk?

3. MrSpeed

MrSpeed Guest

This is the return policy

We offer only the highest quality products. If you are not satisfied with a product you buy from us, we will refund your money within the first 30 days after your purchase provided that you contact us for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) prior to returning your purchase. Return Material must be received at IO Products no later than two weeks after RMA is issued. Items returned without a duly issued RMA will be refused. There is a ten percent restocking charge for returned products.

By doing a Google search for PioData (the name in the center of the disk), I was able to find this
    statement at a few web sites:
    PioData 4X DVD-R is made by Pioneer OEM Manufacturer and perfect for Pioneer DVD burners.

Thanks for your reply.
    All comments welcomed.

4. pieman

pieman Regular member

Pioneer DO NOT make discs.They like others farm them out a couple of factorys that churn out the majority of the garbage out there.Bit like cornflakes really.Ive used piodata 4x and 8x with a supposed ritek dye.Had to re burn most of with tys.They suffer from almost every brand using the ritek dye....inconstistancy.Seems theyve got too big for thier boots and are letting any old twat with a press manufacture.Send em back and get yourself some tys, or MCC
    youll thank me!!!

5. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

So Ritek is dead? I haven't checked out the forums in a while to see what people have been using, but my supply of Ritek's will soon be gone! What to buy now...

6. MrSpeed

MrSpeed Guest

pieman,
    I got the same results, 4 coasters rite off the top so bad you can see the defects rite on the disc. I called IOProducts and they offered to send me original Ridata media with the Ridata logo in the center of the disc, in red Ritek cake wrap free of charge. They will send a shipper in the box to return the PioData crap. Hope this works out.

7. pieman

pieman Regular member

Hope it does.I for one though wont be using ritek based discs anymore.Theyve shit thier nest as far as im concerned.Its a shame cos when they were good they were great