1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has there really been a dropoff in Ritek quality??

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by madmax69, Oct 9, 2004.

1. madmax69

madmax69 Member

I recently ordered a 50 pack of G04's from meritline and they were crap G05's...I am worried about purchasing G04's anywhere since I have read many posts with people not having good results with Ritek recently. If they really are declining...what would be an option in the same price range?????

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

If you can find some ridata dvd+r w/ mid ricohjpn, give those a try. They are more consistant than the G04's in my opinion and comparable in price. I buy from Newegg and someone will usually write in the ratings if the Ridata +r's are ricohjpn. Even though they are 4x media I burn my backups on them at 8x (with some mdified firmware) all the time with no problems. Other folk seem to like prodisc. I haven't tried them but plan to sometime.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  3. thekro

thekro Guest

I have had the same problem i ordered g04 and got g05. when my dvd burner micro advantage updates the firmware i hope the g05 will work better or at least as good as the g04. How ever if you order g04 thats what you should get! not G05

4. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

Here's my Ritek experience. Been using the inkjet white label ones from Newegg in the red wrapper 50 packs. They are DVD+R's. They cost $28 delivered. DVDinfoPRO identifies them as RICOHJPNR01. The rev.# is 02h. Using them at 4x I have not had one coaster in 100+ burns. The burning process takes approx. 14min 20 sec using decrypter with a plextor 708. I know that your question is more slanted towards info on the GO5's but just wanted to get some Ritek info out there. Hope this helps. Regards...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]\\\\|//// /
    (o o) /
    ----oOOo-(_)-oOOo-----
    PennsylvaniaRon[/small]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I've been using Ridata branded Ritek discs for the last 3-400 burns that I've done. The media has been DVD+R:RICOHJPN-R01-002 and DVD+R:RITEK-R03-002 ... The only coasters have been through my impatience ... Oh, yeah ... one bad disc ... it was the bottom disc in a 100pc cakebox and it had several scuffs on it ... I'm a happy Ritek user and I don't plan on switching ...

... The DVDs have been written by a Ricoh MP5040A and a Lite-On LVW-5005 ...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]                 [​IMG]       

. . . Of all the things in my life that I've lost . . . . . I miss my mind the most . . .[/small]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I think the only Ritek media in question is the dvd-r media. I agree with the Ritek dvd+r and Ricohjpn media users that it is still good consistant media. The only way I could get a satisfactory burn on my last 50 pk of branded Ritek Ridata G04's was to burn at 2x and then there was no guarantee. Like I stated previously, the Ricohjpnr01's will burn at 8x w/o any problems and play back perfectly.

7. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for your help....so bascially the dropoff in quality has been with the -R media but +R has been good for you guys huh...Too bad most the time +R is more expensive.

8. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

Too bad most the time +R is more expensive

hi:

hey $28 for 50 branded ridatas +r's delivered from newegg is not bad!! regards...

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member