1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has this happened to you?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by iFix, Sep 22, 2004.

1. iFix

iFix Member

Hey all, I'm just curious if anyone has had a problem using 8x media in a 4x drive? I wouldn't think there should be a problem, since the media claims to be 1x-8x compatible.

I'm just trying to eliminate possible causes for losing the last 10 minutes off my DVD-Rs. I've tried two brands: Memorex (<-- I know, I've heard), but I've also tried Verbatim! (<-- better, right?) Same thing. Thanks for any input... I'm sick of coasters.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Which grade Verbatim are you using? Verbatim, Verbatim DataLife or Vebatim DataLifePlus? You can use this tool to get the manufacturer ID from the media:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/336091.html

Make/model burner your using? Firmware version?

3. Londor

Londor Guest

4. iFix

iFix Member

Hey.. thanks for both of your replies. (I'm so glad someone actually read my thread for once.) Oh, yes I am a Mac lover. But I know exactly what kind of Verbatim media it is: DataLifePlus. And about my burner? It's a Matshita (<-- Panasonic, right?) UJ-825. This is the SuperDrive in my 15" PowerBook G4.

As far as my firmware version goes? I assume that's the sort of thing that comes through Apple Software Updates. I might be wrong, but I've checked Panasonic's Website, found nothing on UJ series. And I can't even find a Matshita website. I'm stumped, but thanks for your help!