1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate firefox 4 cant find bookmarks to import to opera or chrome (trying them)

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by saulat_99, May 30, 2011.

1. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

Hi,

I hate firefox since the update and do not want to go back to internet explorer. Opera and google chrome seem to be the other quality browsers out there. I installed them to try but I can't seem to find my bookmarks on my PC. All the import buttons seem to be gone from IE as I was going to try to import them there and then find them. Thanks for any help in my search. Oh and I am an XP user.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in document & settings\your name\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles.

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

What exactly is it that you hate about firefox 4? If it is the new chrome like GUI, for example, this can be easily overcome by simply turning the menu bar on. Why not see if your problem can be over come first before jumping ship?

4. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

I made my invisible folders visible and got as far as you said. There was a default folder and a bookmarkbackups folder after that with some sort of .json files. Still no bookmark files, at least not that opera can read.

5. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

@xplorer4 - Well, not sure the aesthetics are a big part of it I guess. Other than that I am getting popups from certain sites now since the update too. I guess I could get used to it but wouldn't mind trying out these other browsers. Reminds me of Vista which I haven't been a fan of, but I don't own that either.

6. jt141990

jt141990 Member

hold ctrl+shift+b all together this will bring you to you bookmarks "library" then from there choose the import and backup tab at the top then click export html save the file where you want it, you should then be able to import in the other browser, or just use xmarks which is an amazing tool you should honestly look into its available for firefox, safari, IE, and chrome. Here it is. Click here to view xmarks website and get the add on.

7. aldan

aldan Active member

ff5 has addressed a lot of problems that ff4 had.ff4 gave me nothing but problems.ff5 i am happy with so far.