1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HAUNTING GROUND GI Files???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DyingIsis, Apr 28, 2005.

1. DyingIsis

DyingIsis Member

Hey there. Does anyone know how to get Haunting Groung up and running or is it just a bogus file as some have claimed?
    When you extract the RAR files you are left with four 'GI' files and not an ISO?
    Has anyone got this up and running at all and if so could you please tell me how as I don't understand what the Hell GI files are at all.
    Regards,
    XxXSebXxX

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

The .GI files are image files, i forget with which program it works with. I used ultraiso to convert it to .iso and then the game worked fine. The games pretty boring though, I played it once and haven't touched it again...

3. DyingIsis

DyingIsis Member

Could you possibly give me a walkthrough cos I'm a bit of a spanner when it comes to things I haven't used before.
    Also if I do manage to convert the files, which program do i use to burn the game?
    Regards,
    XxXSebXxX

4. DyingIsis

DyingIsis Member

OK I seem 2 have managed to convert the file into an ISO. First I converted it to an Alcohol file and that didnt work when i burned it and then i converted it to a standard ISO and used DVD Decrypter and that wouldn't boot.
    PLEASE HELP. I'm making coasters for fun here.
    XxXSebXxX

5. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

First I opened UltraISO and went tools, convert
    For the input I selected the smallest of the GI files, the one that's 2kb and doesn't have a number in brackets at the end of the name.
    For the output format I picked Standard ISO and then pressed convert
    Once I had the ISO I just used Alcohol 120%'s image burning wizard.

NOTE: The first time I used it I converted it to .bin/.cue file and when I tried to burn it Alcohol returned an error it didnt' however make a coaster. But if you got an ISO I'd think it should have worked. How big is your .ISO file?

6. ian2k5

ian2k5 Member

load the small 2kb file with dvd decrypter and burn to disc. thats how i did it

7. DyingIsis

DyingIsis Member

Yeah after trying to convert the file to an ISO and wasting many DVDs trying to burn it all I had to do was burn it with DVD Decrypter and it works fine. It was in a strange format though as I'm used to simple ISOs.
    XxXSebXxX