1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a bit of an issue.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by N4warhead, Dec 20, 2013.

1. N4warhead

N4warhead Newbie

Ok I have an old xbox 360 (white) that i want to mess around with. I am trying to find the model number to my liteon cd drive. (nephews put a key into the drive and messed it up). I took it apart before i stored it to try and fix it with no luck, i recently got my xbox back out but I'm missing the CD drive cover that has all the important info on it. Is there anyway i can get the model of the drive with out the case?

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Does "nephew put a key into it and messed it up" mean that your nephew tried to flash it and now the key is mismatching/missing? If you don't have the original key for the drive the Xbox 360 is nothing but a DVD player and there is no reasonable way to retrieve the key.

4. N4warhead

N4warhead Newbie

No as in my 4 year old nephew put an actual house key in the drive. It wont read any discs anymore and i want to replace the drive.

That only tells me what type of drive i have, i already narrowed it down to Lite-on by the yellow wire

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If you have a Lite-On drive you need a working Lite-On drive as a replacement. There is only one version of Lite-On drives for Xbox 360 Phat. You also need to know how to dump the key from the old Lite-On, which could be a total pain seeing that you have to start it in half open mode to do so. The Jungleflasher Tutorial is a pretty good point to start how to do it, it can be downloaded from their website, just google it.
    Also googling for PMT or Pogo Mo Thoin method brings useful results.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  6. N4warhead

N4warhead Newbie

ok thanks ill give it a shot, will update when i can

7. richietea

richietea Regular member

HALF TRAY on a liteon??...Just probe 101 for your dvd key,dump and inject to the new drive,or solder the pcb from the old drive onto a new casing.