1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a little problem with a cyberhome dvd-r.

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by uzmeplz, Apr 7, 2005.

1. uzmeplz

uzmeplz Guest

First thank you for takeing the time to read this post.I've been riping disk for about 2 years.Have a little problem with a cyberhome dvd-r.About six months ago i broke down and replaced my sony 4X dvd-r dive with a new cyberhome 16X dual layer dvd-r.Life is good right!Well not so good it started out great but then the drive starts to act funnny.It willburn the movie up to 99% then it says drive has caused a error!The disk will play in anydvd player.But it seems that the disk hangs at the first of the credits but the disk has the error at th end of the disk.Does the the disk burn from the back to front?Is there a way to fix this any help would be great!Thank you for takeing the time shane.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The discs burn from the inside to the outside.

I'm not sure of what you are trying to backup/process/or programs you are using, but the first thing to look at is the quality of the blank discs you are using.

What brand name/speed rate/and format are they?
    How fast did you burn them?
    What programs are you using for the dvd process?

I haven't heard too many things about that burner,but most of it has been very good.

If you changed anything about your blank media when these issues started to arrise,then that would easily explain it. If you changed different spindles/quantities/brands or formats. The quality can vary using the same spindle.

The first thing to do is reduce your backup target. I use dvd shrink and keep my target at 4360 mbs. Some poorer quality media has to have around a 4300 mb target.

Another thing to try,reduce the compression.Main movie only and cut out the beginning and ending credits. Some of the newer encryptions are screwing up the beginning of these movies-columbia pictures.

There could be many more possibilities so more info would be helpful,even the actual burn error report.
    Later shane.