1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have burned tons of movies now I get "error writing disk, please check log file"

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by twisted72, Sep 4, 2004.

1. twisted72

twisted72 Member

I have seen this question before, but no one has really answered it. I have used dvdxcopy platinum v3.2.1 a lot then all of a sudden it says error writing disk, please check log file. So I checked it and all it said was writing disc failed. I dont know what happened and yes I am still in dma mode not pio mode and I uninstalled and reinstalled primary and secondary controllers, still same thing. Dvdxcopy is reading the disc fine, it's just when I go to burn it has around a 2 hour estimated time then fifteen minutes into burn that's when error comes up. The dvd drive still plays movies, could something be wrong with the actual burning part of player? I would really appreciate any help, and yes I have updated drivers, and no I dont have an aspi layer, why would I if it was working fine and then all of a sudden it didnt? Anyway thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

2. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

It could be the entire Hard drive.Get the manufacturer to test it. p.s this happended to me and i had to ghost all my software and things. I'm not saying it is your HD but it cud well be

regards

3. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

what drive is it

4. twisted72

twisted72 Member

what do you mean what drive is it?

5. pieman

pieman Regular member

make model speed age etc