1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have DVD's need cc or subtitles

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by woodtogo, Feb 25, 2007.

1. woodtogo

woodtogo Member

I have some DVD's but these have no cc I would like to add cc or subtitles to the movie. My father has become deaf and would like to see these movies. Is this an easy thing to do? I have found some sites that offer subtitles, but I don't really know where to start with these files. Can anyone help me? thanks

Ray

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You can add selectable subtitles to a DVD. You have to extract video and audio from the DVD.
    Then , if the subtitle is in sync with the DVD, you can convert srt ==> SUP which is the subtitle format for IfoEdit authoring part.

After done, M2V (video) + AC3/MP2 (audio)+ SUP (subtitle) ==> VOB set (video_ts.IFO, video_ts.BUP, VTS_01.IFO, VTS_01.BUP, VTS_01_#.VOB).
    There should be sort of guide, in http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/.

Synchronizing the subtitle to a movie is harder, but since using subtitles not gotten from the original DVD (i.e. extracted from the DVD with Subrip) which will be in sync is against forum rules, I can't teach you how to.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  3. woodtogo

woodtogo Member

Ok I will look at the links you provided, and I thank you. I don't want to get into something very complicated.
    I don't believe I am doing anything illegal here. I own the dvd's, its just that they don't have closed caption. I have learned that I will not buy anything unless it is marked cc on the box. At the time I bought them it wasn't important to me, everyone viewing the movies was able to hear.