1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have looked at every guide, still confused

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ejhoefli, Dec 30, 2004.

1. ejhoefli

ejhoefli Member

I think of myself as being pretty good with computers.....but I am confused with burning my dvds....the reason I am confused is I have been able to burn two, but every one since then has not worked....I have roxio dvd copy on my computer, and the two that I was succesful with I used dvd shrink to make them small enough, then roxio to burn....all of those were put into a "folder" not the iso image.....so since then I try to burn the folder that dvd shrink has made, some goes all the way to the end and then the dvd is just empty, others have stopped two minutes into the process and all are just useless after.........

so the question is, is this the right thing to do: use shrink to copy the dvd to my computer making it an "iso dvd image" and then use roxio to burn it??

thanks for the help

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

don't use roxio. If you have nero, use that. Otherwise download dvd decrypter and have shrink burn with that.

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

I agree, don't use Roxio, I would delete it from my system entirely if it were me, it really does cause problems.
    As suggested, use DVD Decrypter to rip the movie and even burn it, or you can use decrypter to rip the movie then DVD Shrink in re-author mode just to grab the main title which will save on comressing it too much and then DVD decypter again to burn it, or another good burning program is Nero.