1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have some questions about PS3 mod

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by lordbodom, Jul 1, 2011.

1. lordbodom

lordbodom Member

Hi,

I was debating if i wanted to mod my ps3 but before i do so had a few questions. i do understand that the lastest update will not work which i have installed. But having this info will help when they do have a solution for this update.

Questions:

- Understand i will not be able to access PSN or play games online. is this correct?
    - will i be able to access netflix since it requires login?
    - will this work for burnt discs only or can games be played out of the HD?
    - is ripping games to the HD easy or does this require extra hardware?

Sorry if these have been asked before. THanks in advance!

2. twist3drick

twist3drick Member

-Yup no online or you could but its to much work and most likely you will be banned
    - no netflix
    - only out of Hdd
    - Really easy no extra HW

3. StephenKu

StephenKu Member

1. no psn
    2. no netflix
    3. can play from your internal or external HDD
    4. Easy enough

4. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

why wouldn´t that work. if you get a bluray disc, burn the files onto it. put it into the drive, and use multiman to boot the data of the disc. i don´t see why that shouldn´t work. if it can run data of the internal hdd, external hdd or usb stick, why not read data of a blu ray disc that you burned data on. don´t see why it shouldn´t work, although bd emulation might not work. unless off course any bd can work for emulation, thus not necessarily needing to be an original game. if for bd emulation you need an original game, running data of a burned bd disc should work for all games that run discless.

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

That's not a matter of when, but a matter of if.

6. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

No, it won't. Only the answer to your last question will remain unchanged, as it is anyone's guess when a 3.65 hack will be released, and what features will be possible after working around everything sony did. (ripping games is very easy if your bluray drive is working, and reasonably easy if it is not...and I highly doubt that will change)

Eisherz...it is not a matter of "if"...3.65 or higher will be broken eventually; it might not be broken before the PS4 is released, but it will be broken eventually.