1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you had this problem before?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by terry01, Jan 10, 2005.

1. terry01

terry01 Guest

I have been backing up my movies for about six months now with two types of software (1click)and (DVD shrink With nero). The problem is this, after viewing the backups on my home DVD player it seems to now not want to play store bought or rented movies.

So I bought a new DVD player, plays all media fine.
    plays rented or store bought, and backups perfect. Now it's been a mouth and it won't play rented or store bought, some do play but poor quality and the subtitles pop up with no warning. very strange, it seems the back up DVDs are ruining the DVD players?

Have any of you seen or heard of this?

Thanks for any of your input.

terry01

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I've been backing up movies for about a year, and a couple of months after I started, my DVD player got a little weird. In order to be able to play burned movies, I had to try up to 15 times to play the disc, it would just say insert a disc. Before it started doing this it would work fine. Then one day it just stopped being picky. Now it plays every movie I have ever copied. Not really an answer to your question, just telling you of my issues.

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

First, what brand and model # is your DVD player? Second, where do you rent your movies from? The reason I ask is some rental places place a sticker on the inner ring of the disc. This not only can effect the speed of the disc in your player but can also ruin the motor with the gummy part of the sticker coming off in the player when it starts to heat up. A lot of places stoped doing it because they where liable for the damage, but there are still some that use them.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Burnt dvds cannot break a player. They are dvd ROMs. Unless, as someone has said previously, stickers can cause a probs. Unless you are buying duff players!

5. terry01

terry01 Guest

Thanks for your input! the players where (sony) and a (sanyo). maybe it was just one of those things that happened :)

thanks.