1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you tried 1Click DVD Copy...anyone?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by rene61, Nov 16, 2004.

1. rene61

rene61 Member

This program is great!!! I have been using it for about a week now and with the DECSS file that I had to download from the web, it works perfectly well!
    The copies, compressed or not, are virtually undetectable from the original movie.
    I definitely recommend it to anyone backing up DVD's on to DVD+R's.
    Great product!!!!!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Not an Advanced question!!!

*moved*

3. Horace11

Horace11 Member

Interesting response Flip.

While I understand the Forum Rules relate generally to people seeking advice, and getting answers to specific problems they may have encountered, I would think there is some leeway to allow people to advise when they find a product they think others would find useful. (Unless of course they are promoting or marketing their own products.)

I entered this thread because I also used 1Click and was surprised to find it relatively absent from mention at AfterDawn. While most of my backup activity now uses DVDDecrypter etc etc, for simple high quality backups 1Click proved excellent for me. And it's FAST. I purchased it after considerable research elsewhere, and it hasn't failed me. OK, so you have to pay for it, but for real novices who just want to back up originals without having to understand anythong about what's happening, I would suggest 1Click is the best value-for-money for them.

4. flip218

Why thank you ... I like my response also.

Again, this did not belong in DVD-R Advanced. And most members and mods will agree. This should have been posted here or in software discussion.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  5. Horace11

Horace11 Member

I'm sorry, but that's not very helpful.

I wasn't criticising the re-post, I was simply stating my opinion of a piece of software I have used to good effect.

If you don't like it, why not?

What functions does it not have that others do?
    Why are other applications better for what you are trying to achieve?
    And what are you trying to achieve with this type of application that make others preferable?

I still say, for novices not willing to get into file manipulation and who want a simple, do it all for you application (and they're willing to pay), 1Click is good value.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well flip218 maybe rene61 just wasent sure where to post this, and in a professional manner you could have explained why the post was more suited for here instead of yelling !!!! In my opinion you are a direct reflection of After Dawn being that you are a moderator. There really is no need to be so rude. Horace didnt say he liked your response he stated
    I'm not trying to be mean or have an argument about this I just think maybe us newbies need a little guidance sometime's.
    Thats just my 2 cent's :)

7. flip218

bbmayo,

If you don't like how I moderate, take it up with the Admins. Keep in mind ... These are the forum rules:

Rule #2. Consider an appropriate forum before posting your question -- look at the forum descriptions on the main forum page first.

Also in the Forum rules: --==>> IF YOU VIOLATE THESE RULES, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY <<==--

I did!!! ....

"Again, this did not belong in DVD-R Advanced. And most members and mods will agree. This should have been posted here or in software discussion."

Yelling would be typing in ALL CAPS!!!

8. flip218

Oh ... one more thing. Notice I did not close the thread? I left it open :)

9. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Since everyone seems to be adding their opinions, I'll add mine. Everyone is required to read the forum rules. The impatient among us skip them and run amuck posting here and there. The start up of this thread violated the very first 2 rules.

1-do a search

There are several 1click threads running around here that rene61's enthusiasm could have fit into.

2-post in the appropriate forum(read the forum descriptions before posting)

As Horace11 so clearly states- this program is great for novices. That it why flip218 moved it from the DVDR For Advanced Users forum. It's not a program that advanced users are likely to use.

EDIT* I took too long to push the reply button.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Horace11

I don't think flip meant any harm, it certainly isn't indicated in his short response, he was simply performing his task as a moderator. AD forum rules are fairly clear about posting questions or information in the approproiate forum.

You seem intent for some reason to elevate this into some sort of a controversy where none exists. Yes flip could have taken a little time to explain it a little better if he had the time. Try sifting through hundreds of posts every day and then imagine how much time it would take to provide indepth explanations for each one.:)

Have a nice day!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  11. rene61

rene61 Member

Sorry for the uproar I might have caused on this.
    The moderator is correct, my comments should have been posted on another thread...not the advanced.

I hope no offense was taken as we all must abide by forum rules.

Thanks......(as I slowly crawl away and hide underneath my dusty desk....)

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

rene61

We all crawl slowly away sometimes but this wasn't directed at you or anyone else in particular. It was directed at the intolerant conduct of some who're too quick to find fault where none exists.:)

13. zippyd

zippyd Active member

rene61,
    My comments were in no way meant to scrutinize you. We all make mistakes when we are new to something.

I was just a little irritated by the persons who were for some reason nitpicking when a moderator was just doing his job.

14. RobertSB

RobertSB Member

I just purchased version 4.1 because of its claims of being 4X faster. These claims were also supported by some independant reviews. I see no speed improvement and am dissappointed. I backed up 3 dvd's to hard drive @ approx 40 minutes each. Is this consistant with what others experience? I can't believe these other sites falsely report test results. I'm a newbie it could be me, but I can't see how really.