1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haveing problems ripping with new DVD Drive

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by hpeine, Aug 26, 2003.

1. hpeine

hpeine Member

I was backing up my movie collection and thought I would give my burner a break and buy another DVD-Rom drive to do the ripping with. I bought a LITE-ON XJ-HD166. First movie I ripped it worked great. Second gave me a copyright error, and so did the third..what do I need to do to fix this? Thanks.

Oh yeah, I was using DVD shrink._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Athlon 1800
    727 RAM
    Pioneer A05[/small]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Did you try ripping the second and third ones in the writer as well as the ROM? Also, try upgrading to DVD Shrink v3.0 Beta 5

3. hpeine

hpeine Member

Yeah I did. I've had 1 that worked in the new dive and 3 that didnt'. All 3 of those worked in the burner. I'll upgrade dvd shrink and try again tonight after work. I looked to see if there was a new version but didn't see the beta. Could it possible have anything to do with the new drives region. When I check it says "Not Selected" in the current region field. Thanks for the help.

4. hpeine

hpeine Member

Well I upgraded and it changed, but didn't fix it. It seems to have the same problems,but instead of saying an actual error it says.

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    The erroris:

Failed to read from the file

The reason is: Copy Protection Error - The read failed because the sector is encrypted

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member