1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haven't seen this? Is this feasible???

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DarkmanX, Apr 3, 2004.

1. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

I have been attempting to make a compilation disk from my hard drive of clips and I was using Windows movie maker to cut, add transitions, and convert exported project to an AVI file. I was attempting to use TMPGEnc to encode the file to MPEG-2. After 10 hours the file was completed. Following the instructions I've found throughout this site, I was attempting to use IF0EDIT, but it's asking for a .m2v file? In TMPGEnc I used the settings:
    Stream Type: MPEG 2
    resolution:720 x 480
    aspect: 1:1 (VGA)
    frame rate: 29.97 fps
    rate control mode: 2 pass variable
    Format: NTSC with interlaced checked
    Motion search: Super high
    everything else was left alone.

The plan, or shall I say the dream, was to use IFOEDIT and then be able to burn the results using Recordnow. I am in the right direction or is moviemaker confliting with another process?

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

A .m2v file is the video only file. You can use TMPGEnc to demux into the elementary video/audio streams.

3. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

Thanks for the response, but I dont understand. The instructions I followed said to make sure that the stream type System (video + audio). Are you saying I should've selected a different stream type-video only? If so, where would the audio come? Just to clear up any confusion. I found an old freeware version of TMPGEnc that is strictly an MPEG Encoder. This is my first attempt at this aspect of video. I know how to backup my DVD's, but was attempting to start compiling tv series and burn them onto DVD as opposed to purchasing them, ie Alias. I am experimenting with a compilation of clips from my hard drive. How else can I author the video (freeware) if not by IFOEDIT? Has everything I explained in my previous post possible? Windows movie maker is really easy edit and make transitions. If this software is not recommended, what would you suggest. I already used TMPGEnc. How do I demux?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Silent Assasin[/small]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  4. whassup

whassup Regular member

If you want separate streams when encoding, choose "ES (Video + Audio)".

If you've already encoded it together, choose "File" - "MPEG Tools" - "Simple DeMultiplex" tab.