1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a Problem...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DarthSynn, May 4, 2005.

1. DarthSynn

DarthSynn Member

I have a group of .rar files they are really.r00 to .r31 and one actual .rar, but for some reason only the .rar and.r00 to .r29 show up as winrar packages .r30 and .r31 when i click on them it asks me to choose a program to open them.....I refused. any way I extracted the first .rar like it says to do on this thread: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/187617
    but when i played the game the screen was rolling like it was not a stable video output... So my question is do I make the .r30 and .r31 accessable to winrar or is it another problem? the Game is Star wars Episode 3 the Pal version.

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

all you needed to do was right click on the .rar and extract, the rest should extract ok,

it sounds to me like you are running and ntsc game on pal or vice versa.

3. DarthSynn

DarthSynn Member

Thanks ....I think the problem was that the file I extracted was the .r00 ...but now i'll extract the .rar i do have the US Ps2 and with swap disc it should work even if it is a pal...right? or is it because its a pal that it will keep doing that rolling screen thing?

4. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

if you are in the US or a couple of other places you use NTSC (never the same colour twice ;) ) so you may need a pal > ntsc convertor or something....

pal is a bigger, better quality image so you need a convertor. im in UK on PAL so im unsure of the best way to do this..

5. steimy

steimy Active member

If you have Swap Magic 3.3 all you have to do is set the screen mode to PAL(on the main screen) and it should play the PAL just fine. There is always a small portion of the game at the bottom that will be cut off though.

6. Junkie666

Junkie666 Guest

But I have a Swap Magic 3.3 and download SW:Episode III change the video format to PAL and the game runs "black and white" my TV is (NTSC), what canĀ“t do?

I read of some path to convert the image from PAL to NTSC but, this is firt time I run a PAL game on my PSTwo.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

When yo use Swap Magic, do you change the screen mode option from Normal to PAL? that works for all my PAL games. If you leave it on normal it will be in B&W

I think there is also a program out there called PALtoNTSC Patcher that you can use to convert the ISO and reburn it.

Last edited: May 12, 2005