1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a Problem

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by anubius, Jan 12, 2007.

1. anubius

anubius Member

Hello all i am having a problem with burning movies. I have some .avi files that i want to put on cds. I want to get 1 avi on one cd. I have read to convert the avi files to Kvcd. I read up and most information leads to the program TMpgenc (version 2.59)I follow the instructions i download the templates and i choose KVCD+LBR because i have a avi thats 2:37:?? file (899megs) but when i choose Video input gives me an error saying File not supported and/or cannot open. I have tried ALL of my avi files and they give me the same error. I have the Updated Divx codec. I dont know what is going on please help, what am i doing wrong.

-Anubius

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

forgive me if i am wrong but with tmpgenc you need to convert those avi to mpeg2 before you can run them through it.

3. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

If you want to put avi files on cd,you need to convert them to VCD first.Then can burn to CD.Maybe winavi can help you.It also can support kvcd.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  4. zeiram

zeiram Guest

TMPGENC encoder can handle your avi's to mpeg1

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you can use Nero to make a VCD using AVI files:

[​IMG]

6. anubius

anubius Member

I know about Nero converting my AVI files to VCD but it will NOT let me put my avi file to ONE CD. My goal is to put ONE AVI to ONE CD, so that it will play on my DVD Player. The only format that i can find that will allow me to do that is KVCD. and i am getting trouble with TMPGenc to recognize my AVI files. is there another way to convert AVI files to KVCD (or another format that will allow me to convert and still be small enough to put on ONE CD.). Thanks in advance.

-Anubius

7. zeiram

zeiram Guest

how big is each avi file

8. anubius

anubius Member

i have around 10 or so AVI files ranging from 695 - 899 Megs i have a couple over that but i highly doubt that i can get them on 1 cd. (ones 1.2 gigs the other is 944 megs).

-Anubius

9. zeiram

zeiram Guest

are we talking cd: 700 meg or cd 4.38 gig(single layer) or 8.4 gig(dual layer)

10. anubius

anubius Member

700 and the 4.38 and the 8.4 are dvd i do know the diffrence.

-Anubius

11. zeiram

zeiram Guest

well thats good because your unclear on what you are asking?
    be more concise.Sarcasm isnt your forte young man
    I asked you a question, not whether or not you knew the difference.

Get soreenson squeeze then, as i assume you want it to go on a cd 700meg disc.

(unsubscribed)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007