1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having a weird problem..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by grayel, Nov 22, 2004.

1. grayel

grayel Member

Read a lot of posts trying to find the problem, found a lot that were similar, but they didn't help me.

I'm burning DVDs from avi files at the moment, some work and some don't. All are being burnt from my harddrive.

The problem is that 2 out of 4 of the DVDs won't play on my DVD player with my tv. It's a phillips dvd player if that matters, but i don't think it would since it played half of them.

my burner: Optorite 12x dvdr+/-w
    cpu: AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz
    RAM: 512 DDR-SDRAM
    harddisk: WDC WD400BB-00CLB0 w/ 6 gigs free space
    (i think it's a western digital, can't remember)
    burn program: Nero Ultra Edition 6.6.0.0

The funny thing is, that ALL of these DVDs will play in my computer's DVD player, and they will also ALL play from their .avi format off the hard drive.

for the player/tv setup, they're starting up, audio is perfect, can sort of see the menu, but everything is in black and white and skips up and down really fast, nothing ever gets off the menu screen either, even though audio will continue to play.

any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

2. grayel

grayel Member

ok, figurd out problem like 5 minutes after i posted this

played around on DVD player sub menu on TV.. had a video output setting. Options were MULTI, NTSC, and PAL.

I changed it from multi to NTSC and the DVDs ran fine

maybe this will help someone else out later though.