1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having FTP problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Pitbull9, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Pitbull9

Pitbull9 Member

i recently reformatted my computer and im having problems FTPing to my xbox. It use to work no problem, but after i reformatted, cant fix it. BTW, im using a linksys router. any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. Pitbull9

Pitbull9 Member

please, can anyone help me out.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

What were you using to FTP?

4. Pitbull9

Pitbull9 Member

i tried both core ftp and flash ftp. thanks for responding

5. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

What chip / ftp software do you have on the xbox?

This could also be a firewall issue. is the ip address of the xbox configured for access? (I hate windows firewall, great steamin pile of sh1te)

You can open an FTP session to your Xbox through windows explorer by entering ip addres:port no in the address bar.

er...guess that it for now....let me know how you get on.

6. Pitbull9

Pitbull9 Member

i have an xecuter mod in my xbox. it use to work before i reformatted my computer, and i still cant get it to connect. if anyone is familiar with CoreFTP, this comes up in the upper lefthand corner:

502 pasv is not implemented.
    attempting active mode transfer
    port 192,168,1,100,70,33
    425 cant open data connection to 192.168.1.100:35603
    error loading directory...

7. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

You do not need core ftp.

try not to over complicate things until we get you back up and running.

You did not mention firewall settings...have you checked?

192.168.1.100 would usually be the first address given out by DHCP on your router. It is most likely that this is the address of your PC and not your Xbox. Have a look in your Xecutor screen to see what IP address has been allocated to the Xbox. You can also find this in the DHCP clients table on your router. Open browser, go to 192.168.1.1 unless you changed it there is no username and the password is 'admin'

passive mode
    active mode

35603 are you sure this is the correct port?

most likely not working because your try to connect to the wrong port @ the wrong ip address.

1.Have a look in your Xecutor screen to see what IP address has been allocated to the Xbox.

2.In Windows Explorer address bar, enter the IP Address that you obtained from your Xbox

3.Set the port to 21 (example 192.168.1.102:21)

4.Enter xbox for username

5.Enter xbox for password

6.Remember: If you disconnect or re-boot your modem the IP address may be reset.

7.If you MUST use an ftp prog, when this occurs, go into the connection properties and edit the IP Address to match the new address of the Xbox.

Try not to leave it 2 days before you respond. I usually unsubscribe from inactive threads quite quickly.

Taz out.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  8. Pitbull9

Pitbull9 Member

it worked! thanks a million Taz

9. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Thats what were here for, your welcome

:eek:)

10. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

I haven't had to use this part of the forum before as I'm more into the ps2 soft mod's and case modding, but I recently chipped my box, and I had an e mail from afterdawn today reminding me of my details, so I thought "I haven't used AD for a while, maybe the good chaps and chap-eses here might be able to help me :)

anyway I thought I'd post my problem here rather than start a new thread, as it's to do with ftp prob's.
    I have tried just about every method I've read or been told, to try to ftp into my xbox, but no go, it just won't do it, here's some details that may help to identify where I'm going wrong.

this is the setup I'm using,
    1 NIC, crossover cable (tested with multi meter, seems to be fine)

dashboard,
    evox V: 3921

I have tried using the configuration of- PC: IP 192.168.100.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway0.0.0.0

XBOX: IP 192.168.100.2 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway (tried this two ways) 1:: 192.168.100.1, 2:: 0.0.0.0

I have also tried using different ip addresses for both pc and xbox, I have tried pinging the xbox and keep getting the request timed out message, when I plug in the crossover cable the pc recognises the device, and the xbox's ip address dissapears if I unplug the cable from the pc, also, one time I forgot to change the ip address of the xbox as I had made it the same as the pc's and when I plugged in the crossover the pc gave a warning that there was a ip address conflict, so I assume from that that the pc is connecting to the xbox and identifying the ip address ok?.

please help me before my brain goes into melt down

11. monte530

monte530 Guest

check in your xbox's "settings" if the:

Static IP is set to "on" or "yes"

I had to set that on to get mine to work...

worth a shot..

12. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I think the problem lies with your xbox gateway. Try changing the xbox gateway to 192.168.100.3, see what happens.

13. monte530

monte530 Guest

Here is the settings which worked for me..

I went into the setup on the XBOX.. and put in these numbers:

IP: 192.168.1.101
    subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

On computers nic card I used:

IP 192.168.1.100
    subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

I set the: USE STATIC IP YES

I had tried to connect to my xbox with my computer for five days without it working.. when I used this set up it did and has ever since..

This set up was given to me by someone here and I just set it up and it has worked ever since..

Good luck..

14. Stuman

Stuman Member

Hi,

I've been having a problem with FTPing recently aswell. I recently reformatted my pc, installed windows xp, sp2, norton systemworks 2005, etc.

I am connected to the internet through a cable modem into a switcher (D-link DES - 1005D).

From this I go to my pC, xbox (for live), modded xbox, and PS2. Live works okay, even when online on pc.

The problem is I cant get a connection to FTP with my modded xbox until I use the above settings (ip etc). At least I can do that but now my internet connection goes down.

Basically I have to assign ips for FTP and use automatic for internet. I've been pulling my hair out for about a week now trying to fix this.

Any ideas? They would be greatfully received.

Cheers

Stuman

15. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

thanks for the advice all, I will try out the different methods suggested and report back with the results

16. monte530

monte530 Guest

disable the intenet connection when you want to FTP into your Xbox..

Go into:

control panel

internet connection

disable the internet NIC

and enable the xbox NIC

(if you are using two nic cards)

17. Stuman

Stuman Member

I've only got the onboard network slot. I'm just using a switch into this connection.

I can ftp without internet but I know it can be done while on the internet. I'm sure its just something simple I'm missing. Unless it can't be done with a switcher???

18. paisita

paisita Member

hi, im kinda new to this, so im just gonna make it simple. lol.. could anyone help me, im trying to connect my xbox to my comp, i have it with xecuter2, and im using the linksys befsr41 v3 router... the ip of the router is 192.168.2.1... and in the xbox it appears as 192.168.1.129... how can i access my xbox? please somenone help me.. thanks i really apreciate it

19. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Sure it can be done. The most common way is using a router. The second way is using a second NIC, but a router is much more worth it to me.

20. Stuman

Stuman Member

Alright so my switcher wont cut it then?

I thought I'd just be able to plug everything in, set it up and away I went.

So I'll need more hardware then?