1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having issues with freezing 360 games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nki00, Feb 7, 2013.

1. nki00

nki00 Regular member

I've been trying to burn a working copy of the XGD3 game (Saints Row the Third) for several times now. The game starts up but then freezes somewhere in the middle, plus it is visibly slower to load in comparison to the "real" DVD that I bought.

Here's my hardware:
    XBOX 360: Samsung ms28 drive, modded with iXtreme LT v.2.01

PC that is used to burn:
    Dell, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit
    DVD Drive: iHAS drive (not B), but I'm using it in conjunction with BurnerMAX Payload Tool to increase its capacity to the size of a XGD3 game. Here's where I bought it.
    I set the layerbreak in the .dvd file as such:
    I burn 360 discs with ImgBurn v.2.5.7.0 at x4 speed (this iHAS drive doesn't support lower speeds according to ImgBurn.) I even disable screensaver and AVP (Microsoft Security Essentials -- "Real-time protection") during the burn process. The PC remains idle at the time of the burn as well.

The DVD blanks that I use are Verbatim. I ran them through DVD Identifier and here's what it gave me:

The .iso file is not mine. I got it off the Internet due to complexities of making your own one. But, note that I do own the "real" DVD that I paid my own $59.99 for.

I tried to burn 3 different DVDs and all have this same "Freezing" issue.

Any idea what is going on?

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

what are the kprobe results on your burnt discs?