1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Issues with Hibernation

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Auslander, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Recently, I put a clean install of Windows XP Home on my computer. I got all my software (almost, anyway) loaded back up, and now I'm getting my settings to the way I like them. When I go to the Power Options in the Control Panel and click the Hibernate tab, I have the option to enable hibernation. I check the box, and when i click the "apply" icon, i get a popup window that says "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I've tried closing almost everything with the task manager, but I'm not sure what I can and what I can't close without causing temporary issues. Has anyone had a situation similar to this, or does anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Pardon my knowledge, but I think Windows XP has problems with Hibernation, and personally I wouldn't turn it on.

Have you tried rebooting in safe mode and enabling Hibernation?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

having issues trying to start in safe mode. it just restarts when i select that boot option.

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

In that case, there's something wrong with your computer / reformat... I would try reformatting again, even though it may seem to be tedious, it might solve a lot of problems in the long run.

If your computer can't boot in safe mode, I can guarantee you're going to have some problems =\

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

would it be a problem to just forget about hibernation and not worry about reformatting. i just go everything back on my computer and have everything the way i want it (almost). do you think i can make it about..oh, 18 more months (lol) until i do my next upgrade?

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Half Life 2 Coming Out Tomorrow = You Upgrade Your PC And Play Half Life 2 Even If It Means You Won't Have A Life Anymore.

Yeah, I was going to suggest forgetting about Hibernation, as you can see... =D

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, okay. thanks a lot, Toiletman!

8. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You're welcome! =D