1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Major problems with streaming..

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by rubb3r, Feb 26, 2005.

1. rubb3r

rubb3r Member

Okay, first of all I'd like to consider myself a very experianced computer user, I've modded my own XBox, but I can't get this streaming to work.

I'm on a wireless network in my house at college, maybe this has something to do with it? Anyways, I've done the basics over and over- changing little parts to try to get this to work over a good 12 hours or so now and I don't seem to get anywhere.

THIS IS NOT A SIMPLE 'NEWBIE ENTERED THE NUMBERS WRONG' THREAD.

Network Profile on the Gamecube

IP Address 192.168.1.32
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.1.100
    Primary DNS Server 192.168.1.100
    Seconday DNS Server -blank-

Local Area Connection Computer Properties

TCP/IP Properties
    IP Adress: 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: -blank-

Prefered DNS Server: -blank-
    Alternate DNS Server: -blank-

I save the network settings, create my character, enter all 1s for the information needed including the password. I open my command prompt type in 'psul -s' to run the server. I run PSO Online Game. I get the little 'hyper speed' screen, and then it quickly switches to text of 'Connecting to the DNS Server.'

The DOS box displays:

Starting server on 192.168.1.101...
    Waiting for connection...

The gamecube gives me an error message of:

(No.102)
    You could not be connected to the server.
    Please check that your provider settings are correct becfore connecting.
    The line was disconnected.

I've tried changing all the settings in the TCP/IP and the Gamecube to match the server being hosted on 192.168.1.101 instead of 192.168.1.100 and I get the same errors.

PLEASE HELP

2. coldasice

coldasice Guest

I guess the main question you'll get is this: Are you going through a router? If so, your address will have to be adjusted according to that; I have no experience in that. Personally, to make things a $HIT load easier, go DIRECTLY from PC-to-GC with a CAT5E crossover cable that way you're dealing with only 4 factors instead of a million (so-to-speak). The 4 factors are now your Gamecube BBA, your copy of PSO, your entire PC, and your crossover cable. If you know you've got the right cable then that's one possible problem out of the way. First we'll look at your copy of PSO.

I had a load of trouble with this particular one. Made more trouble for myself than what it was worth. Make sure it is the ORIGINAL PSO. NOT PSO Plus. How can you tell? Look on the cover of both the case and disc. It will both have Phantasy Star Online on it. OBVIOUSLY on the Plus version it will say PLUS following the words "Phantasy star online." You can't miss it. It isn't EXCEPTIONALLY small or encoded in ANY way. If your case/GC disc has the words "Phantasy Star Online Plus" then take it and sell it on ebay, (so some other idiot can buy it from you for the purpose of copying GC games and come to this forum and ask why he can't) and get yourself the ORIGINAL version. Having said that, we'll now go with your PC.

Now, Newbie, you entered one of your numbers wrong on your PC it should be:

Prefered DNS Server: 192.168.1.32 (not blank)
    Alternate DNS Server: -blank-

ALSO, take down all firewalls (including the one that's built into WINXP if you are running it)

That right there SHOULD solve your problem, because obviously if a connection was made enough to search for a DNS then your GC BBA is working just fine. Try it out and let's see where it takes us.

3. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

1.configure/disable your firewall
    2.check the cable that it is properly connected and it is a cross-over cable.
    if those are ok, and still does'nt work, try to block internet connection.

4. rubb3r

rubb3r Member

Block internet connection?

5. rubb3r

rubb3r Member

Sure as shit i'ts PSO Plus. I never knew that you couldn't get PSO plus.. :-/

Back to buying the game then I guess. Where do you suggest I look for the 'non plus' version?

6. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

" Block internet connection?" = block traffic from internet.

try ebay etc. or local game-store(is that right wording=)).

7. coldasice

coldasice Guest

Lol, I made the same mistake....don't feel bad. Ebay is your best bet in finding the Original PSO. Because of the popularity of copying Gamecube games using the Original PSO method, it makes the game all the more difficult to come by. Make sure and update me, yeah? :)

8. rubb3r

rubb3r Member

So the ultimate question though is.. if I had the wrong version, am I getting the right error messages?

9. coldasice

coldasice Guest

Yup, I thought from the beginning that it might have been your version of PSO; mainly because I got the same error message you did. But as with everything, it is always good to be safe.